What is interesting to me is how often I hear people say, I would love to go do that or some day I will go do that. How often do you listen to someone else say that, then look inward to see if you are saying it also? Don’t kid yourself, we all do or have said that at some point. Thing that separates the doers from the talkers is simple they go do. One of the problems of today is the dead horse of instant gratification. You must work for it, this phrase is not in many people’s vocabulary of what they are willing to do.
Simple example: I would like to sail across the ocean. Well, I could go buy a boat and just go. Chance of me making are plausible. The better path is to learn to sail first, research what types of boats would be the best to buy to make the type of journey I wish to do. Research what I need to make a voyage overseas. This is me chasing a goal, learning new skills, improving my life, becoming educated in what I want to do. A long-term improvement.
Simple example II: One day I am going to write a blog. Well first thing you do is write a blog post, then another one, then another one, then use one of the million platforms or build a website and post. Boom you have a blog. All this could be done in a day. To make it a powerhouse of blog takes time and learning how to improve everything about it. Many quit almost before they really get going. I am one of those, I am glad I have stuck it out, it is now only getting better.
Now improvements to get the life you want.
1. Start with the easiest: read, really it does not matter what, though I will debate some things are better than others, Books > Articles/essays > Blogs > social media. If you are more a visual or audio person then make that happen, I am one of these and I still think books win out.
2. Courses: lets talk about the biggest problem with a course first, guess what? buying it does not help you, you must do the course to get benefit from it. Quick tip how do you know if you should buy a course, simple did you do the last one, if no, then don’t buy it, if yes, then give in consideration. Will it truly help you, is more of broadening a horizon? What is your ROI from it?
3. Social media: I know tongue in cheek, I even wrote about it “Use Social Media Don’t be Abused by it” The part that needs to be repeated again and again, if your not selling something or networking to improve yourself. Eliminate it, it is a time vampire nothing else, if all you do is scroll through it. Make it work for you. Between Twitter and IG I spend less than 30 mins a day on either. Only one to two hours a week to set them up.
Right now my Brother in arms Hunter Drew is running 31DTM based off his book 31 Days to Masculinity . You can pick up the book and do it yourself, it will change your life, if you put in the work. One of the greatest things is going through with other men. That accountability factor is huge. You can form bonds with men that will last a lifetime, you will see men change before your eyes. You will realize you are not alone, not a unicorn, and there are other that want to see you succeed. When you look back you will realize you changed.
BTC guys price 50% off. On the 19th prices will go up, get in now and change your life.
4. Find men to be around: Until recently I had really hard time finding men. I am one of those that said there are non in my area. One reason I moved to the internet to find good men. Which I have both through networking on Twitter and IG – also with the men of the Fraternity of Excellence. With conversations with men here via chat, video, and the best ones in person. I came to realize there is a paywall to find good men. At first, I was against this, yet the more I discover, I now understand it is needed. It separates the doers from those that will just waste your time. I am now to the point if it does not have a pay wall then I am not interested, and I am not just talking online.
I joined the local yacht club (remember I am learning to sail) it has been and eye opener, with many great men that are part of it and the community.
I found that we have a local cigar shop, a good rotation of men passes through it. Comfy chairs, conversations, and atmosphere for men.
I have good barbershop and area the men can speak freely. This is becoming harder and harder to find.
I have a greats store for men, that know how to size up clothing and have it tailored to fit.
All these places have costs associated with them, only those that can afford or willing to spend the funds are part of them.
Stop looking for everything to be free.
5. Go lift: I hate those two words even though they are true. That is the goal of what you should do, there is so many ways to go about physical fitness. The biggest thing is deciding what your end goal is, then research, make a plan, go after it. Don’t be the guy who says I want to be a powerlifting body builder who runs a marathon. Be realistic in you goal then chase it.
Five ways to upgrade your life, none of them are instant, they all take hard work and sacrifice. The satisfaction is when working toward, doing and accomplishing, what makes it worthwhile.
Looking for personnel accountability, need some help to upgrade your life. Reach out let’s talk. Yes there will be a cost factor, you need skin in the game.
Agnitio Veritas Macto
Enjoying what Barbarian Rhetoric is presenting and covering inside these walls?
You can help support us by leaving a tip through one of these options.
Bitcoin – 15XJB6jgVimsMkmQM9itSdiMPHM96skXf4
Bitcoin Cash – bitcoincash:qqvmkczglv7qcna2p5vq38vuxxd79uvnwgwvw2frx5
Litecoin – Lb3QkB9xobWJUKRbW7rko7ykF743mwAx26
Ethereum – 0x27a39146039F7d2F0E7243Dd2127c12309624b0a
Thank You to all that support us.